Arrival by plane
Official Carrier: Book your flights to VSL with Austrian Airlines and save 15% on all applicable fares.
- Vienna International Airport (VIE)
Vienna Airport (VIE) is located 20 km south-east of the city center and is served by all major airlines. Travel time to downtown Vienna is between 15 and 30 minutes. For flight information, an airport map, as well as information of transportation into the city center visit the airport’s website. See below how to get to the city center.
- Bratislava Airport (BTS), Slovakia
Bratislava Airport (BTS) in Slovakia is within ~1 hours distance (80km) to Vienna. Both buses and trains connect Bratislava and Vienna, e.g. the airport bus Bratislava.
From Vienna Airport to the city center
- The City Airport Train (CAT) links the airport to subway station Landstraße / Wien Mitte in 16 minutes where you can change to subway lines U3 and U4, as well as to tram and buses. If travelling on CAT, you can already check-in at the train station Wien Mitte for certain flights when departing from Vienna. The fare is €11 for a one-way and €17 for a return trip. Have a look at the timetable. Note that tickets for underground, trams, or local buses are not included in this fare.
- A standard train connection (Schnellbahn S7) between the airport and Landstraße / Wien Mitte is also available (~30 minutes, tickets €4.20 one-way, including underground and bus in Vienna). Make sure to buy “2 zones” from the vending machine. If you buy a (time-based) transit pass for the city of Vienna at the same time, you only need “1 zone” (€2.10) to enter the city. Have a look at the timetable.
- Vienna AirportLines offer buses to Schwedenplatz (subway lines U1 and U4) and Westbahnhof (westbound train station, connection to U3 and U6) and Wien Meidling (southbound train station, connection to U6). Tickets cost €8 (single) to €13 (return). Tickets for underground, trams, or local buses are not included in this fare.
- A taxi to the city center costs between €30 and €40. Some companies like C&K offer taxis, limos or shuttles for a flat rate starting from €33.
Arrival by train
For train connections to Vienna, consult the time table of the Austrian federal railway company (ÖBB). There are direct services to many central European cities.