Procedure for those who require a letter of invitation
- A participant must register first and the registration payment must arrive.
- Austropa Interconvention who handles the registrations will then send an appropriate official invitation letter which can be used to obtain a visa.
- The contact address for obtaining the letter will be sent to the participants in question in the registration confirmation message.
Visitors should be aware about Visa requirements, and should plan travel well in advance (processing of a visa request can take up to 6 weeks). Austria is a Schengen Country, i.e. citizens of signatory states do not require a visa for a stay up to three months in length.
Furthermore, the current Schengen regulations state that
- any person with a residence permit issued by one of the Schengen countries and
- any person with a long-term visa (visa D) issued by one of the Schengen countries
has the same right of up-to-3-month visits as citizens of their countries.
In most countries, visas can be obtained at the nearest Austrian embassy. For further information on obtaining a visa, please refer to the Ministry for European and International Affairs.
It is advisable to apply for a tourist visa.