The first VSL Joint Award Ceremony last week was a huge success. Join us today at 4.30pm in Main Building, Kuppelsaal for the second Joint Award Ceremony.
In the Award Ceremony of the FLoC Olympic Games with a laudation by Edmund M. Clarke, the teams of 9 different competitions receive Gödel medals for their contributions to the development of efficient solvers from the wide field of satisfiability solvers to automatic theorem provers and term rewriters, from declarative logic programming solvers and ontology reasoners to automated software verifiers, from programs that check models of hardware designs to solvers that automatically synthesize computer programs, and to provers that test program termination.
Werner “Jimmy” DePauli-Schimanovich is being honored for his contributions to Gödel research, for his efforts towards re-establishing Vienna as a center of logic in the second half of the past century, and for extending the outreach of formal logic and logical thinking to other disciplines.
Zhang Mingyi is awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award by the Kurt Gödel Society for pioneering research in Artificial Intelligence and Knowledge Representation in China especially for mathematical characterizations of various forms of non-monotonic reasoning.
Maria Magdalena Ortiz de la Fuente is receiving the EMCL Distinguished Alumni Award 2014 for her outstanding contributions to the field of Computational Logic.
The award ceremony concludes with the FLoC closing of week 2.
- FLoC Olympic Games Award Ceremony 2
- Fifth Answer Set Programming Competition (ASPCOMP 2014)
- The 7th IJCAR ATP System Competition (CASC-J7)
- Hardware Model Checking Competition (HWMCC 2014)
- OWL Reasoner Evaluation (ORE 2014)
- Satisfiability Modulo Theories solver competition (SMT-COMP 2014)
- Competition on Software Verification (SV-COMP 2014)
- Syntax-Guided Synthesis Competition (SyGuS-COMP 2014)
- Synthesis Competition (SYNTCOMP 2014)
- Termination Competition (termCOMP 2014)
- Werner Depauli-Schimanovich – Lifetime Achievement Award
- Mingyi Zhang – Lifetime Achievement Award
- European Masters Program In Computational Logic EMCL Distinguished Alumni Award
- FLoC Closing Week 2